Newsy od Dave Adcocka

Wiadomości od Dave'a Adcock'a ...czyli co sie dzieje w Soton

Moderator: machinogodzilla

ODPOWIEDZ
Awatar użytkownika
e-admin
Administrator

ndz gru 03, 2006 5:08 am

Dave Adcock jest założycielem i koordynatorem projektu EU Welcome, organizacji mającej na celu pomoc członkom Wspólnoty Europejskiej przybyłym do Southampton.
W tym temacie będę wrzucać wiadomość jakie dostaje od Dava.
Mam nadzieje, że wam się one przydadzą. :)
P.S. Newsy te będę tłumaczyła z angielskiego na polski :oops: Nie jestem lingwistką jak koleżanki z forum, więc proszę o wyrozumiałość :roll:
Ostatnio zmieniony czw gru 07, 2006 8:13 am przez e-admin, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.
Awatar użytkownika
e-admin
Administrator

ndz gru 03, 2006 5:19 am

*Masz młode dzieci ? Od 9 stycznia we wtorkowe poranki (od 10 do 12) mają odbywać się spotkania dla wschodnioeuropejskich matek i ich dzieci. Adres: ST Bonifacy Chuch Hall na Shirley High Street. O więcej szczegółów proszę dzwonić do Renaty na nr. 07799625994.

*Jesteś kobietą i masz czas po poludniu w środe 6 grudnia od 13 do 15. Przyjdź na międzynarodowe spotkanie kobiet jako reprezentantka Polonii. Daj mi znać jeśli chcesz wziąć w nim udział.

*Wzywając wszystkich artystów !!! Jest jakiś talent wśród was ! Planujemy nieformalną wystawę od nowego roku, prawdopodobnie od marca. Już wkrótce więcej info.

*Pewna Angielka z Highfield chce napisać artykuł na temat Polaków przyjeżdżających do Southampton.Jeśli możesz pomóc wyślij maila: gill.gain@btinternet.com. Bardzo by chciała porozmawiać z Polakami mieszkającymi na Highfield albo Portswood. To ważne, że Anglicy w Southampton będą mogli usłyszeć o was pozytywnych nowości o tym jak żyjecie i wcielacie się w miasto.

*Związek GMB prowadzi wieczorne kursy języka angielskiego dla Polaków i dlatego szukają następnego nauczyciela. Jeśli możesz uczyć angielskiego innych Polaków (jest za to zapłata) daj mi znać.

*Jest pełnoetatowa praca z mieszkaniem w sklepie ogólno-spożywczym w Rowlands Castle niedaleko Portsmouth. Wymagane: musisz mówić po angielsku i mieć prawo jazdy. Po więcej szczegółów dzwoń do Chrisa lub Katy na 02392 412222, 02392 599932 lub wyślij maila: stitchzach@aol.com

Dave Adcock Tel: 07786 392886 e-mail: euwelcome@yahoo.co.uk
Ostatnio zmieniony pn gru 11, 2006 10:47 pm przez e-admin, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.
DeathAngel
Gość

wt gru 05, 2006 10:57 pm

Ja np. szukam ludzi ktorzy zajmuja sie tancem z ogniem i czy ten Dave dalby rade znalezc takich ktorzy chcieliby stowrzyc grupe?To tez jakiegos rodzaju sztuka:D Albo moze wy znacie kogos?Lub chcecie sie nauczyc:P juz dawno nie tanczylem bo nie znam tu nikogo kto sie tym zajmuje a chcialbym dalej to praktykowac:) Tak wiec prosze o jakies info od was:)Pozdro
Ania
Gość

śr gru 06, 2006 11:13 am

Ja zajmuję się tańcem, ale towarzyskim :). Znacie jakiś sportowy klub tańca towarzyskiego w Southampton? :D
Awatar użytkownika
e-admin
Administrator

ndz gru 10, 2006 11:32 pm

Sorrki ale nie mialam czasu przetlumaczyc tej wiadomosci :( Mam egzaminy :(

Hi
I had an excellent time in Riga. It was my first time in 'Eastern Europe' and I learnt a lot. It has increased my determination to go to Poland in 2007.
Christmas is nearly upon us, and I know that many of you are going home. Have a great time, and I hope to see many of you soon. For those who are staying there is a Midnight Mass in Polish at Immaculate Conception Church in Portswood at 12.30am (so just after midnight) on 24 December. Most other Catholic and Anglican (Church of England) Churches will also be having Midnight Mass services. Finally if you know anyone who is likely to be alone over Xmas or who is likely to be bored, let me know, and I'll try to help.

Below is a list of other things that might inerest you. Sorry it's all a bit long, but read what you want

Happy Christmas to you all

Dave

*Racism?
The City Council is keen to hear of any evidence that polish people are experiencing racism in Southampton, however small it might seem to be. You can report things anonymously or through me if you wish
There are webpages to the 'hate crime' information on the City Council website;
www.southampton.gov.uk/hatecrime
The on-line reporting system can be accessed from this, or from the report it section on the home page. Or directly at
http://sccwww1.southampton.gov.uk/consu ... survey.htm
You can also report by calling (023 8083 4114)or by emailing to hate.crime@Southampton.Gov.uk,
Please don't accept what is not acceptable

*Polish and eastern European Mother and Children group in Shirley
From 9 January on Tuesday mornings there will be a 'stay and play' group for mothers and children under 5 at St Boniface Church Hall in Shirley High Street. Meet with other Polish mums and find out about services and benefits. For details call Renata on 07799625994

*Art Exhibition
We will be running an art exhibition on Saturday 10 March. All artists (of any type) will be able to book a table for free. More details to follow. Let me know if you're interested

*Unity 101 Radio
If you are free on Monday 18 December and would like to take part in a programme between 3pm and 4pm let me know

*Singers and Dancers
Polish singers and dancers (traditional) are needed for an event at the Novotel on 12 January. If you want more details let me know.

*English lessons
It looks like our beloved government is going to charge for English lessons for people from the EU who are in work. This is already begining to happen and from September all courses at City College and Eastleigh College will have to be paid for. A 34 week course (2 hours per week) will probably cost between Ł160-180 with an extra Ł60 to get the qualification. Do you think people will still be interested? Would it help if they could pay each term? Do people want a 'qualification' or is it just the lessons that are important? Let me know what you think

*City College though also have the following possibility
Learn through IT in City College Southampton!
Do you want to improve your English, learn Microsoft Word, learn how to pass the Driving Theory Test, improve your typing skills or work on numeracy?
If the answer is yes, the Open Access Centre in City College is the place for you. We are open every day from 10 to 4 and three evenings a week- Tuesday 7 - 9, Wednesdays and Thursdays 6-8. You can study when you are not working!

*To improve your English we have the CD Roms, which have video and recording so you can do speaking and listening as well as grammar. The centre is in room 116 in R block above the college library.
You only pay a registration fee of Ł10 and you can study as many hours as you want.
So come along to the Open Access Centre! City College is in St Mary’s Street near the City Centre.

*Jobs
I have heard about the following employment possibilities. If any of them interest you then please contact me first by e mail
These first 3 are in Bitterne Park

Insurance clerk.
Date required:--- circa May 2007 (present employee approx. 12 weeks pregnant).
Requirements: --1 Must be able to work in a home environment.
2 Must be happy with cats and dogs (1 cat & 2 dogs at premises).
3 Must be able to converse easly in English on the phone.
4 Will either be experienced or be eager to learn.
5 Candidates will be expected to be able to use their own initiative and have an outgoing personality.
Wages-------------Ł12,000 to Ł15,000 pa plus commission

Cleaner
Date required---Immediately
Must be a hard worker as this is not a job for someone with a feather duster, the position will require ample elbow grease.
Wages------------about Ł6:00 ph

Gardener
Date required---Immediately
Must have imagination and enjoy the job.

Also a friend of mine who runs a company supplying artists' paints is looking for a marketing person. Should have some business experience and speak good English. Salary Ł15,000

CARE WORKERS OPIEKUNOWIE
GOOD RATES OF PAY DOBRE STAWKI PLACY
LOCAL JOBS AVAILABLE MIEJSCA PRACY W OKOLICY
NEED OWN CAR FOR WORK WYMAGANY WLASNY SAMOCHOD
Reliable, caring people needed to assist older people living at home. Simple things like assisting with dressing, housework and shopping can really make a difference to someone’s day.
full and part time work available in: Central Southampton, Portswood, Shirley, Millbrook, Maybush, Lordshill & surrounding areas.
No experience needed, just your own car and a caring nature! We offer full induction training and ongoing support. Good English skills are essential.

CRB Checks apply.
SCA welcomes applications from all members of the local community.
Interested? Please call Karen at SCA on 023 8051 6016
[img]http://www.obrazki.info/miniatury/SugarwareZ-253.gif[/img]

[b]Będziesz pisał na temat, nie będziesz spamował, będziesz...[/b]

[img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6522/ubd3874.png[/img]
Awatar użytkownika
e-admin
Administrator

czw sty 04, 2007 10:12 pm

Hi.

I hope you had a good Christmas and New Year celebration. I know that a lot of you were home, and others 'survived' an English Christmas! There is lots of talk here about Romania and Bulgaria coming into the EU. If you meet people from these countries in Southampton, do give them my details. Time will tell as to whether people will come here!

Below again is a list of things happening over the next few weeks, and other news. If you want any more details, let me know. If you don't want to receive this e mail, please contact me.

I hope to see many of you soon.

Dave

1 Advice Clinic YMCA building, Cranbury Place, Friday 12 January from 6pm til 9pm. Anna and I will be happy to give advice, to fill in forms and help in any way we can in English and Polish

2 Barclays Bank; Barclay's next 'open morning' for Polish people will be in their London Road branch on Saturday 13 January from 10.30am to 2.30pm. There will be help in Polish and English to open accounts, and to answer any other banking questions including loans, and starting businesses. If anyone needs banking help in other languages, please let me know

3 The police are looking for you! If you live in the 'inner city' area around Newstown/Nicholstown/Radcliffe Road the police are holding a community meeting on Wednesday 10 January from 8.00pm. They want to hear about any problems and difficulties in those areas. Let me know if you'd like to go.

4 Polish Style magazine. The first edition of this magazine is now available, It is free and there are copies at St Edmund's Church and other places in the city

5 Want to start your own business or work for yourself? There are meetings to help you, translated into Polish, from 10am to 1pm on 17 January and 21 February. Contact 02380 319714

6 Calling all Czechs and Slovaks! I would love to get people together from your countries. Let me know if you think this is a good idea.

7 Mothers and young children from Eastern Europe! On Tuesday 9 January and then every week for 15 weeks, there will be a chance for mothers and young children to get together from 10am till 12pm at St Boniface Church in Shirley High Street

8 I had an interesting response to my note abour racist incidents in my last newsletter. Please report anything that happens. You can contact me or click on www.southampton.gov.uk/hatecrime

9 Unity 101 is our local community radio station. Tune in to 101fm on 21 January frm 6pm for the next Polish programme

10 Celebrating Diversity! The City Council is running a special meeting in the Civic Centre on Monday 5 February from 5pm to 8pm. It will be a 'drop in' meeting with refreshments available. All new communities will be welcome

If you have any other ideas or concerns, let me know

Happy New Year
Dave

Awatar użytkownika
e-admin
Administrator

pn sty 29, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi

Please, please try to come to the event at St Mark's School on 8 Feb. It lasts from 6.30pm till 8.00pm and St Mark's School is in Stafford Road, Shirley, SO15 5TE. Just come for 30 minutes. There will be a lot of information there, including info about language courses, a lot of people to meet, and you being there, shows that people from other EU countries are becoming an important part of Southampton. There is a poster attached. I hope to see you there. PLEASE!

Do you need ajob? There are interviews this week at the Job Centre for some temporary work in Basingstoke. There is a poster in Polish attached.
Also I am told that Adecco are looking for good people at. Call Avril on 01730 232753 for details.
Acess to Communication is looking for 'cultural assessors' for a project they are doing, for Mental Health patients, from ethnic minorities. Call Angela on 02380 241300 for details.

Hi Mum! Every Tuesday at St Boniface Church in Shirley there is a group for EU mums and children under 5 from 10am. It's a friendly group. Do come along.

The next Advice Clinic at the YMCA building in Cranbury Place SO14 0LG will be from 6.pm on Friday 9 February

The next Barclay's Bank open morning with Polish translators will be from 10;30am in the london Road branch on 10 Feb

Don't forget we are holding an Art Exhibition on 10 March. If you do anything artistic we would love you to take part. You can book a table FREE from me This Friday from 7pm there will be a planning meeting for this. Contact me if you'd like to come.

It's great to have Anna working with me. You can contact her on anna_euwelcome@yahoo.co.uk. It means we can now help people from Poland who dont speak much English! Anna's work phone number is 07928 362088

We are developing our web page www.geocities.com/eu_welcome Also keep looking at www.sotland.pl

The Nuffield Theatre want to tell your story. The youth group of Nuffield Theatre are working on a special project about Polish people in Southampton. They would love to hear your story. Contact me for details

Would you like to meet more people? Fancy a coach trip to Stonehenge or Bath? Would you like to organise sports events for EU people? Special meals with other ethnic groups in the City? I am looking for a group of people to form a committee to organise things like this. Let me know if you're interested

Are you interested in housing? Want to do something for your community?
Read this.......

Southampton�s BME Housing Steering Group are looking for new members.

The steering group works with major housing associations and Southampton City Council. Its job is to promote fairness in housing and work to reduce racial discrimination in social and affordable housing. You don�t need experience in Housing, we need someone who is

ˇ Dedicated
ˇ A Good communicator
ˇ Interested in working with other people
ˇ Enthusiastic

All members are local volunteers with good links to their communities. They are working together to shape Southampton�s BME housing action plan. By becoming a Steering Group member, you could influence this plan and make a real difference for your community.

If you are interested in joining the group or would like more information, then please contact Tanita Jamil at Swaythling Housing Society on 023 8062 8162 or email tanitaj@swayhs.org.uk

If we can help you in any way or you'd just like a talk, please contact me

Dave

Awatar użytkownika
e-admin
Administrator

czw lut 08, 2007 8:12 am

Zagraniczne Klimaty

Wystawa Sztuki

Pamiętasz nasza reklamę Wystawy?! Teraz zaczynamy na serio!

EU Welcome organizuje Europejska Wystawę Sztuki obcokrajowców którzy mieszkają w Hampshire. Chcemy pokazać, ze i my możemy czynnie uczestniczyć w angielskim społeczeństwie.

Może jesteś artystą dużego kalibru; malujesz, rzeźbisz, zajmujesz się fotografia profesjonalnaâ�Ś Świetnie! Na pewno z chęcią pokarzesz swój dorobek i przy okazji wspomożesz akcje popierania sztuki obcokrajowców żyjących w Hampshire.

Nie jesteś profesjonalista, ale lubisz pomalować? Boisz się ze wystawa sztuki to za duże buty dla ciebie? Na pewno nie! Teraz masz szanse podzielić się swoimi doświadczeniami z innymi!

Poszukujemy zarówno profesjonalistów jak i amatorów. Może jesteś dobry w malowaniu portretów na żywo? Albo potrafisz wyczarować cuda na paznokciach? Z pewnością odwiedzi nas sporo miłośników sztuki popularnej, którzy będą chcieli skorzystać z Twoich usług.

Fotografia, rzeźba, malarstwo, ugniatanie gliny czy malowanie garnków u nas nie zabraknie miejsca na żadne szaleństwo. Jeśli wiec szukasz dobrej zabawy w milej atmosferze, masz ochotę podzielić się swoja sztuka, szukasz inspiracji lub marzysz by ktoś ci dostrzegł zarejestruj się teraz!!!

Będzie kawa, herbata i polskie ciasteczka! Znajdziesz tu sporo obcokrajowców, ale i rodowitych Anglików. Będą przechodnie i profesjonaliści. I Ty również musisz przyjść! 10 Marca w Central Baptist Church, Devonshire Road, Polygon.

Zadzwoń 07783137510 (Agnieszka) i zarezerwuj swój stolik już dzisiaj!!!

Rezerwacje tylko do końca lutego!

Awatar użytkownika
e-admin
Administrator

czw lut 15, 2007 8:23 pm

Hi

I gather today is Fat Thursday, at least, for Polish people. Careful as you don't want to become too fat! People will think you are English! . Next Tuesday we have Shrove Tuesday and everyone eats pancakes. Then Wednesday is known as Ash Wednesday and is the start of the Christian festival of Lent.

Thanks to those who came to the event at St Mark's School last week. Lots of you were there and it was a real success. There will be another one in June. If you have any ideas of how to improve it, then please let me know.

This Sunday on Unity 101 on 101fm there is the Polish programme between 6pm and 8pm. Tune in!

Plans are well advanced for the art exhibition on 10 March. I attach a poster for it and details of how you can be involved. You can also e mail Agniewska <sombra@interia.pl>, We would like to thank our sponsors for the event UK-Xchange www.uk-change.co.uk and Target Accounting www.targetaccounting.co.uk

The Mother and Children's group at St Boniface Church, Shirley High Street, continues on Tuesday mornings until Easter. If you have children under 5 or know people who have, it is a great place to come. It runs from 10am, and is open to all Eastern European families.

On 28 February from 5.30pm till 8.00pm, The City Council are running a 'Celebrating Southampton's Diversity' event. Free food and a chance to win some prizes, as well ass meeting people from the City Council. EU Welcome will be there. . You can just come for a few minutes and have a look. If you'd like to come, please let me know.

Are you creative or interested in theatre? The Nuffield Theatre at University of Southampton, would like to hear from you. They are putting on a play about Polish immigration to Southampton. If you are interested, contact me or Fran Morley <fran.morley@nuffieldtheatre.co.uk>,

Do you know any Eastern European young ppeople aged 11-16? There is an evenyt for them at Woodlands School next Tuesday from 11.30am. See attachment for details or contact Anna Wozniczko <annawozniczko@poczta.fm>,

Are you interested in sexual health issues? HIV Aids, contraception? The local health service want to talk to Eatsern European people about these issues. There is a lunchtime meeting planned for 1 March at 12.00pm. If you want more details contact me or Tom Barnes <Tom.Barnes@southampton.gov.uk>, If that time doesnt work for you, but the subject interests you, let Tom or me know.

Also there is a need for an eastern European person to represent your community on a committee that is looking at housing in the City, trying to make sure that fair and good housing is available to all. It would take one evening per month. If you are interested let me know

Next advice Clinic 9 March. Next Barclay's Bank open morning 10 March

If you need any help or have any ideas, or would just like to chat, contact Anna or me.
anna_euwelcome@yahoo.co.uk 07928 362088 Anna
euwelcome@yahoo.co.uk 07786 392886 Dave
Awatar użytkownika
e-admin
Administrator

ndz mar 18, 2007 11:30 pm

Hi

Next Saturday night/Sunday morning (24/25 March) the clocks go forward in the UK! So we miss out on an hour's sleep, but from then on it stays lighter in the evenings!

The art exhibtion on 10 March went really well with about 15 artists taking part and 100 visitors. Thanks to all who took part and helped.

I heard recently about a racist attack on a house where Polish people are living. PLEASE report any racism you experience, however small. You can report it by contacting the City Council by telephone 023 8083 4114 or by Email: hate.crime@southampton.gov.uk Alternatively you can let me know.

On Thursday 27 March there is a Welcome Evening for EU people at St Alban's Community Room, Tulip Road (it's just off Burgess Road in the Swaythling/Flower Roads area) You can meet lots of people there and obtain information. It runs from 7.00pm till 9.30pm. Come along if you can. Anna and I will be there.

The Mother and Children's group at St Boniface Church, Shirley High Street, continues on Tuesday mornings until 24 April If you have children under 5 or know people who have, it is a great place to come. It runs from 10am, and is open to all Eastern European families.

MKS Solicitors are running a mortgage advice sessions on Saturday 31st March & Saturday 28th April at St Boniface Church, 413 Shirley Road, Southampton SO15 3JD from 2.00 pm - 4.00 pm. The event is free, and open to all nationalities although polish interpreters will be available at both sessions.

The next dates for the Barclay's Bank open days to open accounts, to get advice about loans etc are 7 April (Easter Saturday) and 12 May. They run from 10.30am to 2.30pm at Barclay's London Road branch. Polish interpreters are available.

Also on Easter Saturday at 3pm at St Edmund's Church on the Avenue, there will be the blessing of the food.

The next Advice Session that Anna and I are running will be on Friday 20 April from 6pm till 9pm at the YMCA building in Cranbury Place near the Inner Avenue

Need a job? I have heard that there are vacancies for night work at ASDA in Southampton. You don't need good english! Call in at the store and ask for an apllication form

Here is another message about a work possibilty

My name is David Booth and I am a local businessman expanding my business in the area.
I am looking for self-motivated people, people who want to run their own business yet still be part of a team, people who want more from life than the daily 9 to 5 grind.
This is a international internet based business that has been operating successfully for almost 50yrs.
I have arranged for a business presentation to take place on Friday 23rd March from 8pm, the meeting will take aproximately 1hr.
It will be held at the: YMCA
George Williams House
Cranbury Place,
Southampton
SO14 0LG

Places are limited, so for those interested in finding out more, telephone David on 023 9259 7019,
or e-mail davidibooth@breathemail.net.

St Mary's firestation is recruiting part time (retained) fire fighters. You have to live within a 4 minute walk. For details contact

Ami Sidhu
Tel: 07918887878
Email: amerpal.sidhu@hantsfire.gov.uk

Do you need insurance, and would like to talk to some in Polish? Contact Agnieszka Debowska of 'a-plan' insurance on 02380 332233

If you have any ideas about what EU Welcome could do for you, please contact us

Dave 07786 392886 euwelcome@yahoo.co.uk

or Anna 07928 362088 anna_euwelcome@yahoo.co.uk

Also have a look at our website www.geocities.com/eu_welcome.

Best wishes

Dave
Awatar użytkownika
Kris
Bardzo odważny

pn mar 19, 2007 1:49 pm

Fajna sprawa z tymi newsami !
Umieszczaj ich jak najwiecej i jak najczesciej !

P.S. Do Soton wybieram sie za miesiac jak dobrze pojdzie. Bylem tu w zeszle wakacje przez 3,5 miesiaca.
P.S.2. Jako nowy user forum - serdecznie wszystkich witam :)
Awatar użytkownika
e-admin
Administrator

pn kwie 02, 2007 10:39 pm

Hi
Happy Easter! We call Friday 'Good Friday.' in case you don't know. On Saturday from 3pm there is the Blessing of the Easter Food at St Edmund's Church in the Avenue. Community Church at Central Hall, St Mary Street have an Easter art exhibition all week, and they are also reading through the whole Bible! On Easter Sunday ALL the big shops, including supermarkets, are closed in England, so buy your food on Saturday! Good Friday and easter Monday are 'Bank Holidays' but shops will be open.

SOS Polonia have moved! They are now at 2 Brunswick Place SO15 2AN.

Over the Summer EU Welcome is organising a series of walks. The first is a Peace Walk on Sunday 3 June. We will be joining with people from other ethnic groups in Southampton and visiting different places of worship. It starts at 12.45pm at the Peace Fountain in Andrews Park near Southampton Solent University. There will be translation into Polish

Talking of Solent Uni they have an Open Day on 19 May. If you are thinking of studying for a degree, do make every effort to attend. EU Welcome will be there offering translation help

PLEASE report any racism you experience, however small. You can report it by contacting the City Council by telephone 023 8083 4114 or by Email: hate.crime@southampton.gov.uk Alternatively you can let me know. Also if you feel you are wrongly treated by the police, please let me know

Calling all artists
The Fair Oak Arts Society meets at 7.30pm in the Village Hall,Shorts Rd, Fair Oak Eastleigh (except the last Wednesday in every month)
Artists and craft people of all ages and abilities are welcome to come along,watch demonstrations or join in the workshops.Visitors pay Ł2 per person which includes refreshments and raffle ticket! There is a spring exhibition at that address on Saturday and Sunday 21st-22nd April from 10am-5pm each day 50 pence admission. This may give a flavour of the work.
A warm invitation is given to all and any further information can be abtained from me or Linda Butcher on 023 80601431.

The Mother and Children's group at St Boniface Church, Shirley High Street, continues every Tuesday morning (including the Easter holidays) until at least 24 April (we are hoping now it will continue till July) If you have children under 5 or know people who have, it is a great place to come. It runs from 10am, and is open to all Eastern European families. It's proving very successful with 17 familes there last Tuesday. During the holidays older brothers and sisters can come too.

The local Fire service offer free fire safety vists to your house/flat. They will also install free smoke alarms. Contact us if you are interested.

MKS Solicitors are running a mortgage advice sessions on Saturday 28th April at St Boniface Church, 413 Shirley Road, Southampton SO15 3JD from 2.00 pm - 4.00 pm. The event is free, and open to all nationalities although polish interpreters will be available.

The next dates for the Barclay's Bank open days to open accounts, to get advice about loans etc are 7 April (Easter Saturday) and 12 May. They run from 10.30am to 2.30pm at Barclay's London Road branch. Polish interpreters are available.

The next Advice Session that Anna and I are running will be on Friday 20 April from 6pm till 9pm at the YMCA building in Cranbury Place near the Inner Avenue. We try to help over any problem and are happy to fill in forms for you.

Do you need insurance, and would like to talk to some in Polish? Contact Agnieszka Debowska of 'a-plan' insurance on 02380 332233

A pub near Portswood is planning Polish evenings on Wednesday evenings and is looking for musicians. Payment Ł30-50 for a couple of hours Contact me if you want more details

There are a lot of things going on for Polish people. I am VERY keen to work with people from other EU countries. Please contact me with your thoughts and ideas

Jobs!

An employment company looking for a Polish recruiter � they have 2 already and need more.
Some experience in clerical work and fluent English is essential. Please contact me (Dave) initially
Also a local engineering company is looking for
Structural Engineers
Senior Civil Engineers
IT assistant
Graduate Electrical Engineer

www.uptonmcgougan.com/careers.php
(We currently employ one young Polish structural Engineer.)

Eastleigh College are starting a new course in September for 16-18 year olds. It's Skills for life (ESOL, numeracy and ICT) and would be great preparation for students hoping to do a vocational course but who are still lacking ability in English. For details contact emma Chambers echambers@eastleigh.ac.uk

Please note Anna will be away from 6-15 April, and I will be visiting Poland for the first time from 12-16 April!!!!! I will tell you all about it when I get back. . I'm going to Krakow!

Also have a look at our website
http://www.geocities.com/eu_welcome/Polish

Best wishes

:)

Dave
Awatar użytkownika
e-admin
Administrator

czw kwie 26, 2007 7:39 am

Hi

Easter was a busy time! I reckon about 600 people turned up at St Edmund's on Easter Saturday for the Blessing of the Easter Food. Then of course I had the pleasure of visiting Poland. I loved Krakow which is a beautiful and lively city. It was interesting comparing it to Riga (which is also lovely) Everyone wants to know what I ate! So here is the list
Potato pancakes - placek po zbójnicku
Cabbage stuffed with meat and rice) - goląbki
Pierogi ruskie and Pierogi z miesem"
Barszcz czerwony and Zurek

Polish beer is good too!

A special thanks to Anna and Paulina who looked after me so well

Remember Monday 7 May is a Bank Holiday in England (also 28 May)

Artists! We are planning another art exhibtion. The theme will be Autumn! See the attachments

Over the Summer EU Welcome is organising a series of walks. The first is a Peace Walk on Sunday 3 June. We will be joining with people from other ethnic groups in Southampton and visiting different places of worship. It starts at 12.45pm at the Peace Fountain in Andrews Park near Southampton Solent University. There will be translation into Polish. The walk is free and there will also be free refreshments.

Talking of Solent Uni they have an Open Day on 19 May between 10am and 4pm. If you are thinking of studying for a degree, do make every effort to attend. EU Welcome will be there offering translation help. There are flyers available in Polish

I am hearing strories about racist attacks and comments in Southampton. PLEASE report any racism you experience, however small. You can report it by contacting the City Council by telephone 023 8083 4114 or by Email: hate.crime@southampton.gov.uk Alternatively you can let me know. I am happy to keep your identity secret, but we still wnat to know what is going on. Also if you feel you are wrongly treated by the police, please let me know

.Good news! The Mother and Children's group at St Boniface Church, Shirley High Street will continue every Tuesday morning until the end of July If you have children under 5, or know people who have, it is a great place to come. It runs from 10am, and is open to all Eastern European families.

MKS Solicitors are running a mortgage advice sessions on Saturday 28th April at St Boniface Church, 413 Shirley Road, Southampton SO15 3JD from 2.00 pm - 4.00 pm. The event is free, and open to all nationalities although polish interpreters will be available.

The next dates for the Barclay's Bank open day to open accounts, to get advice about loans etc is 12 May. It runs from 10.30am to 2.30pm at Barclay's London Road branch. Polish interpreters are available.

The next Advice Session that Anna and I are running will be on Friday 18 May from 6pm till 9pm at the YMCA building in Cranbury Place near the Inner Avenue. We try to help over any problem and are happy to fill in forms for you.

The Honest Lawyer pub in Lodge Road is now holding 'Polish evenings' every wednesday from 7pm to 9pm

I'm trying to help organise a gathering for Hungarian and Romanian people living locally. If you know anyone, please ask them to contact me.

Interested in Mental Health issues? Mind the mental health charity sre looking for a Polish speaker with good english to help them for an hour on Satruday 30 June. Let me know if you'd like more details

New BBC series seeks help

The BBC is are just starting to film a new series which is about immigration and the life of immigrants in the UK . We want to follow the lives of the people who come to this country from abroad to live, work or seek refuge, and tell their stories in their words.

If you would be interested in being involved and telling your story, or you know someone who would be interested, or if you just want to find out more, then please contact Emma or Bart on 07740 818361. We are looking for people who are trying to establish themselves in the UK or who have interesting stories to tell.
We want to tell these stories from the point of view of immigrants, to show what it is like to come to this country to live and work. We hope to hear from you soon.
If this interests you, you can also contact me. See the attachment for the sort of people they are looking for

ODPOWIEDZ