I was really surprised yesterday to realise that Christmas was less than 4 weeks ago! Now it seems just a distant memory! January is always a busy month and lots is going on at EU Welcome. We're working hard ro organise sEUthampton, the photo and art exhibition which begins in The Marlands Mall on 19 February, and we've also had to find a new place for Let's Talk About. It will now take place on Thursday evenings and the new venue is The Itchen Gallery and Coffee Shop in St Mary Street. The first date there is 5 February at 7.00pm. Come along! It's a great place.
Click on http://www.informacjelokalne.co.uk to find a video about EU Welcome in Polish. You'll love my accent!
Thanks to all those who took part in the survey which Polarity UK ran for us. Polarity wrote a report for us which I was able to present to our managment team, and we will use the findings to guide what we do in 2009, and hopefully to help us gain funding. If you would like to see the report, then just send me an e mail.
Finally I'm never too busy to see anyone who has any questions, problems or who would just like a chat. I look forward to hearing from you.
Here is a full list of events happening soon......
1 'Let's Talk About' Thursday 5 February at 7.00pm The Itchen Gallery and Coffee shop, 68 St Mary Street, so14 1nw. New evening and new café. Come along for a chat and meet some new people, find out more about British culture and listen to interesting guests
2) Our next Advice Evening takes place on Friday 13 February from 6pm to 8pm at George Williams House, YMCA Building , Cranbury Place SO14 0LG (near London Road and Inner Avenue )
We offer benefits, housing and employment advice
We can help with practical problems, information about schools, driving, health etc
We can tell you about English lessons
We can help with tax returns, business plans and CV's
We can help you fill in forms
With the help of Polish* Psychologists Club we can also talk to you confidentially about personal problems, stress, family problems etc........or you can just come along and say hello!
3) On the last Tuesday in each month Target Accounting and Lloyd’s/TSB Bank run an open evening at Targets office 488 Portswood Road so173sp. It’s a chance to open accounts and to ask any banking, financial or tax questions with Polish interpreters available. The next one takes place on Tuesday 27 January from 7pm. For more details contact Pawel on 02380 555940 or firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Our playgroup at St Boniface Church, Shirley High Street happens each Tuesday morning. If you have children under 5, or know people who have, it is a great place to come. It runs from 10am, and is open to all Eastern/Central European families.
5) sEUthampton our photo and art exhibition takes place in The Mall Marlands from 19 February to 2 March. Pop in and have a look
* We have translation into Polish available at all of our meetings, but will always try to offer translation into other languages. Let us know if this is needed
Chinese New Year Celebrations in Southampton on 25 January http://www.southampton.gov.uk/leisure/e ... w-year.asp
The Mass in Polish on Sundays is now at 11.30am at St Vincent de Paul Church in Coxford Road, Lordswood. The Saturday evening Mass continues at St Edmund's at 7.00pm
On the 7th of February the Polish Consul from London comes to Southampton. The Consul’s Open day will take place in S.O.S. Polonia Drop-in-Centre, The Park House, 2 Brunswick Place , Southampton from 10am to 5pm For more details go yo http://www.sospolonia.net
This is a great opportunity for Polish people to resolve any matters such as legal/administrative/nationality/passports/lost documents without going to London, taking a day off from work, queuing long hours etc.
I've been asked to speak about EU migrants at two meetings coming soon. On Thursday 22 Jan at 7.30pm to the Bitterne and Harefield Residents Association, and on 27 January, 7.00pm at James Street Church in St Mary's. If you'd like to come along and help me, let me know (Dave)
A young Irish woman with a disability needs a personal assistant for some hours per week. Applicants must be over 25 and have a driving licence. Pay £8 per hour. For full details contact Lise on 02380 551526
Be very careful!
The body of a man, believed to be Polish was found in Winchester at the weekend. It is thought he bought some bad ecstacy tablets. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hamp ... 836284.stm
Live in Gosport? There are monthly drop-in meetings for people from new communities at St Vincent School. Next dates are 11 Feb and 11 March. For details contact Leah White email@example.com
We have published 2 new booklets; A Guide to Schools and an Introduction to the Health Service. Let us know if you'd like a copy
Next Polish radio programmes on Unity 101. The music show is on 18 January from 6pm to 8pm.
Dave and Anna
Please note. We advertise services on here free of charge. It doesn't mean we can personally recommend the services or businesses involved. Be wise!
Wiadomości od Dave'a Adcock'a ...czyli co sie dzieje w Soton
Posty: 2 • Strona 1 z 1