Biuletyn EU Welcome - czerwiec 2007 część 2.

Wiadomości od Dave'a Adcock'a ...czyli co sie dzieje w Soton

Moderator: machinogodzilla

ODPOWIEDZ
Awatar użytkownika
e-admin
Administrator

ndz cze 03, 2007 6:21 pm

Hi

It's now over 3 years since 8 new countries joined the EU, and had the right to come and work in the UK. I've now been doing this job for nearly 2 years, and I've seen a lot of changes. Two years ago people were needing to open bank accounts. Now they are talking about mortgages and buying houses. Two years ago people were happy for almost any job, but now people want to move on and get jobs that reflect their skills and education. I am convinced that you add so much to our country, and will continue to do so. EU Welcome has money to continue for another year. I'm not sure what will happen after that, but we really want to continue to serve the needs of those who come here from the EU. If you have any ideas, please let us know, and if you need any help, please contact us

We are organising two other walks during the summer. One has a Titanic and World War theme. This is on Wednesday evening 27 June at 6.30pm and begins at the entrance to the cemetery on Southampton Common. The other one is called 'Pirates, Plots and Perils.' This takes place on 22 July at 3pm and will start at the Bargate. They are both free and we'll have Polish translation.

Need a job..or a different job? This Thursday there is a Jobs Fair at Southampton Guildhall http://www.southampton.gov.uk/jobs

Next Sunday 10 June a big nature event takes place on Southampton Common. It's called the Springwatch Festival. For details click on http://www.southampton.gov.uk/breathingplaces or http://www.bbc.co.uk/hampshire/content/ ... ture.shtml

Do you live in Thorhill or know anyone who does? On 16 July from 7pm we are helping to run a 'Welcome' event there.

Some friends of mine run a fun Gospel Choir. http://www.southamptongospelchoir.org.uk It is very international and you don't have to be religious! You also don't have to have a great voice or need to read music. They are always looking for more singers, and it is a great way of meeting people, and speaking some English! You can tontact them direct, or talk to me if you want more info.

If you have been the subject of violence or insults because of your race, please report them. You can talk to me and you can remain anonymous or you can contact the police on 0845 045 45 45 Southampton City Council on 023 8083 4114 or on line at:

http://www.Southampton.gov.uk/hatecrime

On that subject here is part of an e mail someone sent me last week

'I feel am being patronised and fobbed off by people in different services and organisations.
My colleagues too believe that I am discriminated against because of being a foreigner. They believe that if they made the phone call I made, and ask exactly the same questions they would be treated differently. It often happens when I talk to the council employees but the worst are banks and credit card people.'

Does this happen to you? Please let me know. Don't just accept this!

The Mother and Children's group at St Boniface Church, Shirley High Street will continue every Tuesday morning until the end of July If you have children under 5, or know people who have, it is a great place to come. It runs from 10am, and is open to all Eastern European families.

The next dates for the Barclay's Bank open day to open accounts, to get advice about loans etc is 23 June. It runs from 10.30am to 2.30pm at Barclay's London Road branch. Polish interpreters are available.

The next Advice Session that Anna and I are running will be on Friday 22 June from 6pm till 9pm at the YMCA building in Cranbury Place near the Inner Avenue. We try to help over any problem and are happy to fill in forms for you. All services are FREE!

I've been talking to one or two Eastern European friends about perhaps having some informal discussion evenings. Maybe we would drink a glass of wine or two, and talk about different subjects; life in UK, life in Eastern Europe, racism, education. Whatever! If that would interest you, please let me know.

You are invited to go to some free African drumming workshops with Kristian Bediiako, a respected Ghanaian musician. No previous drumming skills needed � just a desire to have some fun! It is at ST ALBANS COMMUNITY ROOM, Tulip Road (off Burgess Road)Swaythling between 1-5pm on: Sunday June 10th, Sunday June 17th. Tea/coffee and refreshments available Come and learn a new skill For more information call: Stuart Jebbitt Community Development Worker 02380 643978 / 07766 096148
email: stuartjebbitt@hotmail.com

Here is a job opportunity! Care Workers and Support Workers are needed. . No experience is necessary although all applicants must be able to speak good english, hold a valid driving licence and have reliable motorised transport.
Contact
Karen McCarthy
Recruitment & Retention Officer
SCA Community Care Services
Dukes Road
Southampton
SO14 0ST Telephone: 023 80 516016

A new Polish Tattoo and Art Studio has opened in Portswood on the corner of Portswood Road and Westridge Road. For details contact Pawel on 07877 339538

The next Polish music programme on Unity 101fm takes place on Sunday 17 June from 6pm till 8pm and the Polish discussion programme will be at 3pm on Friday 22 june

If you have any ideas about what EU Welcome could do for you, please contact us

Dave 07786 392886 euwelcome@yahoo.co.uk

or Anna 07928 362088 anna_euwelcome@yahoo.co.uk

Also have a look at our website http://www.geocities.com/eu_welcome

Best wishes

Dave
Awatar użytkownika
e-admin
Administrator

ndz cze 03, 2007 6:40 pm

Ewelina25 pisze: If you have been the subject of violence or insults because of your race, please report them. You can talk to me and you can remain anonymous or you can contact the police on 0845 045 45 45 Southampton City Council on 023 8083 4114 or on line at:
www.Southampton.gov.uk/hatecrime
On that subject here is part of an e mail someone sent me last week

'I feel am being patronised and fobbed off by people in different services and organisations.
My colleagues too believe that I am discriminated against because of being a foreigner. They believe that if they made the phone call I made, and ask exactly the same questions they would be treated differently. It often happens when I talk to the council employees but the worst are banks and credit card people.'
Does this happen to you? Please let me know. Don't just accept this!
Właśnie moi drodzy .. często o tym słyszałam, że jak ktoś dzwoni np po aplikacje na tax credit ... Pracownicy nawet odkładają słuchawkę ... albo od razu mówią, że im sie nie należy ... są opryskliwi i niemili. Słyszałam nawet taki tekst : ,,jeśli nie mówisz po angielsku to ci sie tax credit nie należy'' !!!!!!!!! Macie jakieś w tym rodzaju doświadczenia ?
Awatar użytkownika
pauli
Zasłużony W Boju

pn cze 04, 2007 12:04 am

Ech, cos w tym jest. Konta w banku zakladalam 2 razy, w jednym dostalam taka gooowniana karte co nawet w sklepie placic nia nie mozna, kasa ze sciany li i jedynie (NatWest), w drugim zanim zalozylam dostalam 3 tys. propozycji glupich kont z obowiazkowym ubezpieczeniem(15£/miesiac), albo znowu taka karta. Dostalam normalna wersje z karta debetowa, kredytowa i rachunkiem oszczednosciowym dopiero po 3. glosniejszym oswiadczeniu mojego Osobistego: to ja moze sobie inny bank znajde. :?
A kiedys robilam za tlumacza w podobnej sprawie dla jednej pani ( na koncie regularnie pojawialy sie pieniadze i ona oszczedzala), to bankowa panienka powiedziala, ze za krotko ma konto ( miala 2 lata) co by dostac debit card :shock:
Tylko nie wiem czy to dyskryminacja .
gg2833495

[img]http://images49.fotosik.pl/33/c0194fb46e7b99ff.jpg[/img]

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
Awatar użytkownika
ANECZKA25
Administrator

pn cze 04, 2007 5:46 pm

--> Pauli...kazdy bank ma inne 'banking laws' i dlatego sa rozne zasady otwierania rachunkow w danym banku. Z tego co wiem, po rozmowie z managerem Lloyds TSB mozna otworzyc konto majac tylko paszport albo dowod osobisty. Maja tez karty kredytowe dla osob z zagranicy (robili rozeznanie, taki test jak Polacy prowadza karty kredytowe przez 2 miesiace i poniewaz bardzo ladnie je prowadzili to Lloyds TSB zdecydowal sie wprowadzil karty kredytowe dla Polakow...ze mniejszonymi barierami zeby je ptrzymac...dokladnie ile trzeba byc w UK nie wiem, ale mnie juz teraz proponowali, a jestem 2 lata). Jest tez konto Silver, ktore ma karte debetowa ktora mozna ladowac tu, a rodzina ja w Polsce uzywa. Podobne konto ma Nat West.
Z bankami jest tak, ze trzeba robic @shopping@ zeby znalezc najlepsza oferte;-)

Pozdrawiam serdecznie

A
---Wonderful girl. Either I'm going to kill her or I'm beginning to like her---
Awatar użytkownika
pauli
Zasłużony W Boju

pn cze 04, 2007 7:41 pm

Aneczka ja wiem, ze kazdy bank ma swoja polityke i na pewno kart kredytowych nie bedzie rozdawal, komus kto nie ma dobrej historii kredytowej. Ja tam swoja szybko dostalam i teraz co jakis czas inne banki czy sklepy swoje mi oferuja :lol: :lol:
Wi dzisz w tym momencie to bankom (niektorym przynajmniej) zalezy na klientach z Polski; troche inaczej bylo ze dwa lata temu :twisted:
gg2833495

[img]http://images49.fotosik.pl/33/c0194fb46e7b99ff.jpg[/img]

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
Awatar użytkownika
ANECZKA25
Administrator

pn cze 04, 2007 7:49 pm

tak tak:-) poczuli pieniazki ciezko zarobione przez Polakow. Pani menager wychwalala pod niebiosa swoich polskich klientow:-) hihi

Money makes the world go around ...:-)
---Wonderful girl. Either I'm going to kill her or I'm beginning to like her---
ODPOWIEDZ