Wiadomości od Dave'a Adcock'a ...czyli co sie dzieje w Soton

Moderator: machinogodzilla

ODPOWIEDZ
Awatar użytkownika
e-admin
Administrator

ndz lip 15, 2007 10:30 pm

Hi

I guess that the biggest thing that stops many people from the EU fulfilling their potential in the UK, is not being able to speak English well enough. EU Welcome supports organisations like UK X-Change (02380 574718) and The Language Box (02380 682359) They can offer small group lessons at flexible times and for a reasonable cost. At the moment though EU Welcome in partnership with Southampton City Council can help you, or your friends enrol for some free lessons starting in September. People need to be 18 or over and be working. These courses will be for people of different levels, and will take place in Southampton. To register I need to fill in a short questionnaire with you. The first opportunity to do this will be at our next Advice Session this Friday. (For details of time and place see below) If you cannot attend this then e mail us with your name, or text 07786 392886 and I will arrange to see you at another time.

The next Advice Session that Anna and I are running will be on Friday 20 July (This Friday) from 6pm till 9pm at the YMCA building in Cranbury Place near the Inner Avenue.SO14 0LG We try to help over any problem and are happy to fill in forms for you. All services are FREE!, and you can register for free English lessons!

New Arts Project in Southampton Community Builders is a 3 year project funded by the National Lottery, aimed at helping people to set up arts and crafts based community groups, for ages 18-65, in and around Southampton As part of this, they'd like to see if they can set up an arts/crafts club for the Polish community in Southampton . The group could involve Music, Art, Carnivals, Drama, Photography, and Gallery Visits, Anything that helps bring people together and make good use of their leisure time without costing a lot of money If you’d be interested in getting involved, simply give your details to either the project manager Stuart Jebbitt on stuartjebbitt@hotmail.com or Dave Adcock euwelcome@ayhoo.co.uk or 07786392886 , and once we have a few names we’ll have an informal get together to discuss our ideas. I am told there is money available for these projects!!!!

Find out about the exciting history of Southampton. Our next walk is called 'Pirates, Plots and Perils.' This takes place on 22 July (next Sunday) at 3pm and will start at the Bargate in central Southampton. It is free and will have Polish translation. It is open to all EU people

The Parent and Children's group at St Boniface Church, Shirley High Street will continue every Tuesday morning until 31 July. If you have children under 5, or know people who have, it is a great place to come. It runs from 10am, and is open to all Eastern European families. The good news is that this group will now re-start on 11 September!

On Wednesday 8 August at 8.30pm we are taking part in a ceremony to remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It takes place at Riverside Park near Cobden Bridge in Bitterne Park. Lanterns for peace will be launched on the river. For more details see the attachment

How would you like an hour of talking English with an intelligent English person , and then be given £15! Planning is taking place for the next British census in 2009 and those organising it wish to do an interview with some EU people. It will probably have to be in the day time. If you are free sometimes during the week day, and would like to take part, then please let me know

I have a meeting at 11.30am on Monday 30 July with some people from Southampton Rape Crisis. They want to understand more about attitudes to rape in EU countries, and wish to make sure their services are available to ALL people living in Southampton. If you are free, and could join me for this discussion, please let me know

Polish performers needed! Website contrabandevents.com are looking for Polish performers to do a series of corporate gigs around the country next month - nothing ambitious, it's for a chain of supermarkets, but it pays well. Contact Natasha at Contraband for more info
Also, neville_optimistfilms@yahoo.co.uk needs 3 Polish actors for a feature film shooting next month. Again, paid work, please contact him urgently.

The Odeon in Southampton presents the Polish film 'Testosterone' again next Sunday 22 July. For full details click on thepolishconnection.co.uk website

The next dates for the Barclay's Bank open day to open accounts, to get advice about loans etc is 28 July. It runs from 10.30am to 2.30pm at Barclay's London Road branch. Polish interpreters are available.

If you have any ideas about what EU Welcome could do for you, please contact us

Dave 07786 392886 euwelcome@yahoo.co.uk

or Anna 07928 362088 anna_euwelcome@yahoo.co.uk

Also have a look at our website geocities.com/eu_welcome. For more info in Polish see sotland.pl website

Best wishes

Dave
[img]http://www.obrazki.info/miniatury/SugarwareZ-253.gif[/img]

[b]Będziesz pisał na temat, nie będziesz spamował, będziesz...[/b]

[img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6522/ubd3874.png[/img]
ODPOWIEDZ