Easter is drawing near! I guess some of you are heading home for a few days. If so, enjoy! Here the weather is getting better, but I’ve met quite a lot of people recently going through tough times. If we can help at all, then do get in touch. We can make a difference!
A team of school children have produced a film called ‘Poles Apart’ which is about EU migration You can find it on You Tube if you search for ‘Poles Apart Testbourne’ It’s in 2 parts, but well worth a viewing.
.Here is a full list of events happening soon...... including the times for ‘The Blessing of The Easter Food.’
1) 'Let's Talk About' Thursday 23 April at 7.00pm The Itchen Gallery and Coffee shop, 68 St Mary Street, so14 1nw. Come along for a chat and meet some new people, find out more about British culture and listen to interesting guests.! Lots of guests coming to this one, so please try to get along
2) Our next Advice Evening takes place on Friday 24 April from 6pm to 8pm at George Williams House, YMCA Building , Cranbury Place SO14 0LG (near London Road and Inner Avenue )
We offer benefits, housing and employment advice
We can help with practical problems, information about schools, driving, health etc
We can tell you about English lessons
We can help with tax returns, business plans and CV's
We can help you fill in forms
With the help of Polish* Psychologists Club we can also talk to you confidentially about personal problems, stress, family problems etc........or you can just come along and say hello!
3) On the last Tuesday in each month Target Accounting and Lloyd’s/TSB Bank run an open evening at Target’s office 488 Portswood Road so173sp. It’s a chance to open accounts and to ask any banking, financial or tax questions with Polish interpreters available. The next one takes place on Tuesday 28 April from 7pm. For more details contact Pawel on 02380 555940 or firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Our playgroup at St Boniface Church, Shirley High Street happens each Tuesday morning. If you have children under 5, or know people who have, it is a great place to come. It runs from 10am, and is open to all Eastern/Central European families.
5) We have helped to set up a special Alcoholics Anonymous group in Polish and English. This takes place every Wednesday from 7.30pm at Stella Maris Hall, St Michael's Square, Bugle Street so14 2ah. See below for advert in Polish
* We have translation into Polish available at all of our meetings, but will always try to offer translation into other languages. Let us know if this is needed
Special Church services for Easter.
Blessing of Easter food –2pm -4pm Holy Saturday 11th April – led by Fr. Wojchiech and Fr John
Dawn Mass on Easter Sunday 12th April 6am at St. Edmund’s
Polish Confessions Saturday 4th April at 4pm All these are at St Edmund’s Church on The Avenue
During April Southampton remembers the sinking of the Titanic with various events. On 17,18 and 19 April there are special ‘Titanic Walks’ leaving from Holyrood Church in High Street (corner of Bernard Street) at 1pm, 2pm and 3pm. These are free, but you need to book a place. To do so, e mail email@example.com Dave will be on the walks on Saturday at 1.00pm, and Sunday at 3.00pm
Gosport Fair for All - 30 April 2009, 3pm-7pm at Gosport Discovery Centre.. Come for advice on job seeking; education, translation services, child care, career training, housing, fire safety etc, etc, Please just drop in at any time. The Discovery Centre is in the High Street next to the Borough Council offices.
This event is open to all members of the Gosport local community. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Southampton Rape Crisis offers face to face counselling, a telephone helpline, support for people going through court cases and regular groups to anyone aged 12 or above who has experienced child sexual abuse or adult sexual assault.
We run an annual training programme for anyone who is interested in volunteering for us and this year’s training will start in May. We would like anyone interested in working for either as a counsellor or translator ( which could be in counselling sessions or leaflets etc ) , to contact us either by e mail or on the office phone number 023 80636312 and ask for, Viv , or if you’d like more details, you can contact us at EU Welcome
Starting a new business? Need a bank accountant? HSBC in the High Street, Southampton are offering some great products with 18 months free banking for new business accounts. Contact us, and we can set up an interview for you
Calling All Musicians and Artists
On Saturday 8 August there will be a cultural festival ,‘Mela,’ held in the New Forest. They are looking for arts and crafts, music, or dance performers from EU countries to participate in the event to celebrate diversity. You don’t have to live in the New Forest to take part, and there could be some payment (but not a lot!!) If you are interested, contact Kate email@example.com or 02380 663866
‘Capturing Southampton’ is a project running till 20 April
They are looking for people who will provide a unique perspective on Southampton life who could spare an hour of their time to participate. The information will be collected using a variety of mediums including photography, video, blogs, poetry, illustration and orally.
For further information please call on 02380 833445 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Messages in Polish
Czy Alkohol kosztuje cie wiecej niz pieniadze?
Czy myslisz ze masz problem z alkoholem?
Wyjscie z tej sytuacji znajdziesz pod tym adresem;
Stella Maris Hall, St Michael's Square, Bugle Street so14 2ah
W kazda srode od 25 marca o godz 19:30
Improve Your English!
Language Work offers classes from only £5 per week. If you are interested please phone or txt 07922 626024 or email email@example.com.
For a free ESOL course enrol with Eastleigh College .We have courses in-college and in many outreach centres around Southampton City . Ask for an assessment today. For a class in Southampton phone 07975 825091 on Mons 1-4pm or Thurs 2-5pm o rcall in at CLEAR in Cranbury Place on Mons 1-3pm For a class in college ring 02380 911000.
Barton Peveril College offers free assessments and English classes at the college in Chestnut Avenue , Eastleigh . Some classes are totally free, others are fee paying, but you will be told at the assessment what is on offer. Tel: 023 8036 7226 and ask for Claire to book your assessment.
Itchen College will be enrolling new students for ESOL classes at 11, College Place on Monday 20th April at 10am and 6pm.
For more details about EU Welcome click on http://www.euwelcome.org
Next Polish radio programmes on Unity 101. The music show is on 15 March from 6pm to 8pm.
Please note. We advertise services on here free of charge. It doesn't mean we can personally recommend the services or businesses involved. Be wise!
Project Manager EU Welcome
Wiadomości od Dave'a Adcock'a ...czyli co sie dzieje w Soton
Posty: 1 • Strona 1 z 1